The science is clear. We are living in a warming world due to fossil fuel emissions. The world’s most vulnerable are already suffering and it jeopardizes the wellbeing of future generations. This course will explore what it means to follow Jesus and live lives of justice within the context of climate breakdown.
What You’ll Learn
This course will help you explore the relationship between mission and bussiness by:
- Exploring the connection between climate justice and a faith-informed life
- Examining opportunities for communities of faith to commit to climate justice,
- Discussing the role of parishes in the fight for climate justice,
- Asking how we can individually advocate for climate justice.
How It Works
Join our instructors, John Swales and Alice Brencher, along with an engaged learning community of fellow leaders and missional practitioners live online and in online forums.
- Participate in six two-hour sessions with Jon, Alice, and the learning community.
The learning community will meet weekly on Monday afternoons, 1:00p – 3:00p, March 6 – April 17, 2023.
- Practice in your context.
During the course you will be encouraged to apply your learning in your context in order to deepen your understanding.
- Reflect within the learning community.
Your new knowledge and experience will become even more meaningful when shared with other learning practitioners like yourself. You will use the online forums between sessions and break-out sessions within learning community gatherings to further integrate your learning.