How did we get from Jesus preaching and teaching in Judea and Jerusalem to the modern-day church? While in the first course in the Christian Foundations series we explored the formation of the church as a distinct group of Jesus-followers, there’s a lot of story left to tell!
What You’ll Learn
This course will help you to follow the story of our faith and scriptures by:
- Presenting the history in a flowing, coherent narrative,
- Examining foundational aspects of our faith,
- Seeing Jesus from the perspective of his first-century context,
- Discussing the origin and ongoing story of the church (including learning about how we got our Creeds and the Canon of Scripture we follow), and
- Asking how we can be part of this community which is Christ’s body.
How It Works
Join our instructor, Patrick Paulsen, and an engaged learning community of fellow leaders and missional practitioners live online and in online forums.
- Participate in six two-hour sessions with Patrick and the learning community.
The learning community will meet weekly on Monday evenings, 7:00p – 9:00p, January 23 – February 13, 2023.
- Practice in your context.
During the course you will be encouraged to apply your learning in your context in order to deepen your understanding.
- Reflect within the learning community.
Your new knowledge and experience will become even more meaningful when shared with other learning practitioners like yourself. You will use the online forums between sessions and break-out sessions within learning community gatherings to further integrate your learning.