Starting a Cafechurch is an opportunity to reimagine what church can be in a culture where cafes are commonplace. What cafechurch principles could shape our approaches to the way we do church? What tools do we need to make real connections with our communities?
Each week will be a combination of presentation, discussion, and resources that will enable you to either start a cafechurch or explore the concept. Additionally, participants will have the option to visit a cafechurch that is hosted by Rev Cid Latty.
What You’ll Learn
This course will invite you to:
- Identify the biblical foundations for establishing a cafechurch,
- Define the principles and practices found in various forms of cafechurch,
- Recognize the makings of a hospitable core team,
- Understand the significance of good spiritual practices for an effective cafechurch, and
- Appreciate the tools and resources required to start a cafechurch.
How It Works
Join our instructor, Rev. Cid Latty, and a community of fellow leaders and missional practitioners, live online.
- Participate in six, two-hour sessions with Cid and the learning community.
The learning community will meet weekly on Thursday evenings, 7:00p – 9:00p, October 6 – November 10.
- Practice in your context.
During the course you will be encouraged to apply your learning in your context to deepen your understanding. It is strongly encouraged that you participate in this course with at least one other member of your parish.
- Reflect within the learning community.
Your new knowledge and experience will become even more meaningful when shared with other learning practitioners like yourself. You will use the online forums between sessions and break-out sessions with members of your parish taking the course to further integrate your learning.