Cafechurch As Missional Praxis is an opportunity to reimagine what church can be in a culture where cafes are commonplace. What cafechurch principles could transform our missional activities and shape our approaches to the way we do church? What tools do we need to make real connections with our communities?
Each week will be a combination of presentation, discussion, and resources that will enable you to either start a cafechurch or explore the concept. Additionally, participants will have the option to visit a cafechurch that is hosted by Rev Cid Latty.
What You’ll Learn
This course will invite you to:
- Identify the biblical foundations for establishing a cafechurch,
- Define the principles and practices found in various forms of cafechurch,
- Recognize the makings of a hospitable core team,
- Understand the significance of good spiritual practices for an effective cafechurch, and
- Appreciate the tools and resources required to start a cafechurch.
How It Works
Join our instructor, Rev. Cid Latty, and an engaged learning community of fellow clergy and parishioners live online and in online forums.
- Participate in six two-hour sessions with Cid Latty and the learning community.
The learning community will meet weekly on Wednesday mornings, 10:00a – 12:00p, May 4 – June 8.
- Practice in your context.
During the course you will be encouraged to apply your learning in your context to deepen your understanding. It is strongly encouraged that you participate in this course with at least one other member of your parish.
- Reflect within the learning community.
Your new knowledge and experience will become even more meaningful when shared with other learning practitioners like yourself. You will use the online forums between sessions and break-out sessions with members of your parish taking the course to further integrate your learning.